Friday, October 8, 2010

Pumpkin pickin' time!!

Fun fun weekend in store for the family!! Tonight we'll be at my daughter's high school for Friday night football!! Just wish the team was alittle better, but oh well. It is fun watching the teenagers - none of them watch the game because they are so busy socializing!!

Tomorrow we're headed to the Berry Farm for a hayride and pumpkin picking. Everyone gets to pick a pumpkin and then Sunday we'll carve them. Hubby called just a bit ago and gave me the Saturday afternoon college football line up - South Carolina v. Alabama at 3:30 and then Florida v. LSU at night. He is so lucky I love football just as much as he does!! Daughter has a babysitting gig so she's excited to get some cash in her hands.

Sunday is pumpkin carvin' day and NFL football - go Skins!!! I'm trying 3 new recipes this weekend so the house should smell really yummy - one is a spaghetti sauce that simmers all day and another is a macaroni & cheese in the crockpot (a/k/a heart attack in a crock pot if you saw the ingredients!). I may even have to throw in a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte somewhere in here.

Have a wonderful Fall (even though it will be in the 80s here) weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I wish I was going to be around your house this weekend, it all sounds so yummy...though it'd probably be a bit strange since I'm a NORTHERN MOMMY!!! But I really love all things southern, too...=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following my blog! I can't believe how much we have in common - obsessed above all with Redskins football & Charleston; both with hound dogs & 6-year-old sons; love pumpkin spice lattes, molasses spice cookies, Paula Deen, damask (I have a blog post about my damask obsession coming!) & the BEACH; German heritage; etc., etc. Thanks for finding me! :-)

    ReplyDelete