Monday, April 12, 2010

Summer Reads


I LOVE all the books written by Mary Kay Andrews. Her stories are set in the South and are just plain ole' fun. I'm also lovin' this series by Nora Roberts. I've never read her books before but I am thoroughly enjoying this one. I'm eagerly waiting for the third one in the series!! Are there any books/authors that you just love? Please share! I love to sit outside and read and now that Spring is finally here - thank God - I could use some good recommendations. Have a wonderful week!




7 comments:

  1. The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes was a wonderful book that I could not put down. It's set in the South so you'll probably love that but it's also got a lot of mystery to it. Here's the Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Life-CeeCee-Wilkes-Hardbacks/dp/0778322750

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Pat Conroy. South of Broad is a particular favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge Jodi Picoult fan. Her latest book, House Rules, which just came out last March, was #1 on the New York Times Bestseller list last week.

    Thanks for the above recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gonna have to look into that first book, love love love anything taking place in the South! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read Mary Kay Andrews! Sounds like I should! And soon! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too ADORE Mary Kay Andrews... I ALWAYS start my summer reading Hissy Fit, my all time FAVORITE!! I too adore Pat Conroy and just finished South of Broad {have passed it on to all my girlfriends to read!} I am currently reading the Sookie Stackhouse books {twilight for adults, it's ok for a fun read} But my summer book is World Without End Ken Follett {in fact I am headed to the pool now for some sun and reading therapy :o)} If you like a great epic novel his book Pillars of the Earth was great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard great things about MKA. I will have to read one of her books

    ReplyDelete