Wednesday, December 30, 2009
So blogging friends, here's to a fabulous 2010!!
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Friday, December 25, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Monday, December 7, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Have you started shopping?!!
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Friday, October 16, 2009
Monday, October 12, 2009
Monday, October 5, 2009
We also have a new addition to our family. After losing Kiki and Harley within months of each other earlier in the year, we had decided to take a break before getting another dog, but Zoe kinda landed in our laps and I'm so glad she did. Her previous owner was giving her up and we knew Zoe's sister, Pepper. I'm one of those people who look for signs to tell me if I'm doing what I'm suppose to be doing . . . well, when I was pregnant one of the names I liked for Jessica was Zoe. Jessica's dad poo-pooed the name and we obviously went with Jessica. Now I have my Zoe!!!! Is she not the cutest little thing!!
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Be back soon!!!!
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Monday, August 17, 2009
I hit the mailbox.
My car now has a huge dent with scratches on the back hatch.
My daughter may have heard me say a few not so nice words.
I am now drinking a Blue Moon and all is better . . . but my car still has a HUGE freakin' dent in it - UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Just look at that tight end . . . oops, I mean he plays tight end :-) Hubby and I spent the day at Redskins Training Camp for Fan Appreciation Day. I was literally feet away from Cooley's wife so I had to keep my stalkerish behavior to a minimum. Ahh . . . can't wait for football to start!!! Go Skins and Gators!!
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Let me start off by saying, I survived!! A little bit of everything happened during our whirlwind birthday bash weekend . . .
- Hubby called the police on our neighbor. We are really starting to think she is providing "services" to gentlemen at her house and so while she is busy "entertaining" her friends, her autistic son has been getting out of the house and running down the street trying to get into neighbor's houses or this time he was hanging out the second floor window with no screen in it.
- Bought my very first Coach bag (at the age of 42!!)
- Bought my daughter her very first Coach bag (at the age of 13 - what the?!! Can you say SPOIL-ED!! But at least we were at the Coach outlet and I had a coupon)
- Ate out every night 4 nights straight
- Because of the above, managed to gain at least 5 pounds
- Haven't heard a peep from realtors wanting to show our house for a month. Found out Saturday night at 8:30 pm that they wanted to show the house Sunday morning (daughter's birthday) at 10:30 a.m. Stress level just shot up.
- Successfully managed to get to The Cheesecake Factory, eat dinner, and return home with 5 teenagers
- Cleaned up vomit that was EVERYWHERE in the downstairs bathroom (seems one of daughter's friends had a little too much pizza and then junk food and then didn't make it to the toilet)
- Took 4 teenagers to Kings Dominion and didn't lose any of them
- Found out while at Kings Dominion that another family wanted to come see the house that evening. Do you know what a house looks like after 4 teenagers have stayed up all night for a sleepover?? And then I was afraid that the bathroom may still smell. Yep. Hubby quickly cleaned house. We got home from Kings Dominion at 6pm, girls were picked up by parents, and we were out by 6:45. At this point I just wanted to collaspe and take a shower
- Returned to work Tuesday to get some rest
- Told my daughter not to expect much for her 14th and 15th birthdays
But it was all worth it, because daughter and friends had a great time and that's what matters.
Monday, August 3, 2009
Thursday, July 30, 2009
The Birthday Girls . . .
Jessica was my everything for my wedding 2 years ago . . . she walked me down the aisle, gave me away, and served as my maid of honor. Our grand entrance was even to "Jessica's Sonata" from Snowy River. Jessica is still my everything. Happy Birthday Sweet Girl and I love you MORE!! LYMI (love you, mean it)
Thursday, July 23, 2009
If you are on FB, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can be "friends"!! I'll send you a friend request and then you can see what his other 2 ex-wives look like! haha
It's almost the weekend!
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Friday, July 17, 2009
In just a few short weeks, my little baby girl will be turning 13. It’s a bittersweet moment for me. I’ve loved watching her grow up and become a young lady, but my time with her is dwindling . . . soon she will be off to college and creating her own life. When I stop and think about how fast 5 years will go, anxiety sits in. I also feel like the next few years are so important and will mold her into the person she will become . . . I pray I don’t screw things up too badly! While I was in the Hallmark store looking at birthday cards for her, I came across one that had a “Birthday To-Do List for My Daughter.” I don’t usually cry over cards, but this card, and the fact that my baby is turning 13, just really made me become very emotional in the card store! This is the card, along with a funny one that plays a song, that I will be giving my little girl on this very important birthday . . . I think it contains advice we could all be reminded of ~
* Don’t sit around waiting for somebody else to make you happy. Happy is a do-it-yourself kind of thing.
* Be true to yourself and to what you want out of life. Broken hearts heal, but broken dreams don’t.
* Make your own choices, but don’t forget – you’re the one who’ll have to live with them.
* Take chances now and then. Chance is just another way to say that life is waiting to open a door for you.
* Forgive others, and when you need to, forgive yourself. See the good all around you, even if you have to squint sometimes.
* Love who you are, and know that you are loved. Always, always. You are loved.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Sunday, July 5, 2009
The boats starting to line up to watch the fireworks. We had the perfect spot . . . our friends' house is directly across from where the fireworks are put off.
Jessica anxiously waiting for the fireworks (in between texting her bf - I'm surprised her cell phone isn't in her hand in this picture)
Friday, July 3, 2009
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Friday, June 19, 2009
Brittany Ann at Living in the Moment has given me the Honest Scrap Award!! I have to list 10 honest-to-goodness facts about myself - I hope none of my truths are too bad!
1. When I was in high school, I worked for my parents’ company. As I was pulling into the parking spot next to my dad’s pickup truck (I had a Z28 . . yes, we’re talking the 80s), I cut the turn too close and my passenger door met dad’s rear bumper. Not a pretty sight – made a HUGE dent in my door. I didn’t tell my parents what I had done. Weeks later, my mom went to get into my car and saw the damage and wanted to know what had happened. I should have won an Oscar for this performance . . . I acted surprised and said someone must have hit my car at the mall!! They never knew what really happened until years later and then they just laughed. (It seems Brittany Ann and I have something in common with cars and high school)
2. I sometimes will hide purchases from the hubby. C’mon, who doesn’t do this?!!!!
3. I wish I had a passion for something. Some are passionate about exercising, a hobby, their job . . . I’ve got nothing. My job pays the bills, I enjoy exercising when I do it, but I just don’t love it and can’t seem to find a hobby to fall in love with.
4. In my early 20s, my boyfriend and I jumped the fence at my townhouse complex to swim in the pool late night. It was short lived . . . the police arrived.
5. I really wish we were taking a week vacation to the beach. Due to things out of my control, it’s not happening this summer.
6. I want to move further South. If I had to do it all over again, once I was out of college I would have moved to my dream town to start life. Once you are married with kids, it’s not so easy to pick up and move.
7. Being a stepmom is really hard.
8. I love reality TV and mindless beach reads.
9. I’m a magazineaholic – I have stacks to read!!
10. I miss the side of town I had to move from when I married hubby. I moved to his side of town which is just across the river from where I lived, but I didn’t know where anything was!! I had a meltdown the second week we were married . . . . trying to unpack my things and find places for everything in his house and learn my way around town . . . major meltdown. I think hubby probably thought he married a crazy person there for a second.
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Thursday, June 11, 2009
- Wanted to move in July 1 (yep, they wanted us out in 3 weeks and we were actually willing to make it happen. The house we want is vacant so it could be done)
- Then wanted to rent from us from July 1 to October 1 so that they could take advantage of Obama's 3 year new homeowner rebate (so basically we'd be carrying 2 mortgages and hoping and praying that they didn't screw us, but we were again willing to do this and our lender had already checked to make sure we would qualify)
- Offered $14,000 below the asking price
- Wanted $5,000 in closing costs
- Offered $10 for my washer/dryer
Are you people smoking crack or something???? Sure, and why don't I help pack up your house and move you too!! Geesh!! Uh, that would be a big fat NO!! And good luck finding someone who will do all that for you!
Friday, June 5, 2009
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Friday, May 22, 2009
Friday, May 15, 2009
Meet Louie . . . is he not just the cutest little guy?!!! See that tennis shoe lying there with him? That's mine. He would sneak into the room I was staying in at Cindy's house in Mobile, carry my shoe down the hall (how he did that I don't know because the shoe is just about as big as he is - he's a little Boston Terrier), and snuggle with my shoe on his bed. He never chewed on my shoe or messed it up, just wanted to snuggle with it. I'm surprised the smell didn't drive him away!!! Cindy said it's because he loves me :-) When her husband passed away unexpectedly 2 years ago, Richard's boots were by the door where Richard had left them. Louie would take one of Richard's boots and snuggle with it. What a sweet little guy.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Great friends . . .
Mullet being tossed into Alabama . . .
Monday, May 4, 2009
1. What is your current obsession? Blogs!
2. Which item of clothing do you wear most often? Dresses (no hose with cute summer shoes)
3. What's for dinner? Leftover Rigatoni Al Forno
4. What are you listening to? Country music radion station
5. Say something about the one who tagged you. Her blog is an inspiration - I hope some of it rubs off on me! I think if we lived near one another, we'd be great friends!
6. Favorite vacation spots? Anywhere warm, sandy with blue water
7. What am I reading right now? Paula Deen's book and several magazines that I've gotten behind on
8. Four words to describe myself: Friendly, Outgoing, Organized, Planner
9. Guilty pleasure? Shopping
10. First spring thing to do? Open the windows and air out the house.
Now I will pass this fun questionnaire onto...
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
8 Things I am Looking Forward To:
2. Drinking Margaritas/Lemontinis, etc. on a patio somewhere
3. Laying on a beach chaise while reading a really good book
4. Going to next year's Jazz Fest in New Orleans
5. Selling our house and moving into a new, bigger house
6. Going to my daughter's softball games
7. Family vacation (somewhere . . . anywhere)
8. Getting a mani/pedi
8 Things I Did Yesterday:
1. Went to my stepson's soccer game
2. Moved furniture
4. Cooked dinner
5. Watched some TV
6. Grocery shopping
7. Worked on this list!!
8 Things I Wish I Could Do:
1. Exercise regularly and enjoy it
2. Go on a romantic trip with hubby and not worry about the cost of it
3. Live further South . . . Charleston, SC would work
4. Lasik surgery
5. Quit having to work
6. Not be such a picky eater
7. Be able to be more in the moment and enjoy it, instead of thinking of everything I need to be doing.
8 Shows I Watch:
2. Real Housewives of OC/NY/NJ
3. American Idol
5. Desparate Housewives
6. Any show on Food Network or HGTV
7. Entertainment Tonight
8. Dancing with the Stars
8 Blogger Friend's I Tag to Have a Little Fun Doing All Things 8:
2. Mommy's on Vacation
4. Carolina Girl
5. A Little Bit Delirious
6. Southern Savvy
8. Confessions of a Semi-Slacker Mom
Monday, April 27, 2009
Monday, April 20, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
I baked a chicken for yesterday's dinner. Roasting pan and cookie sheet were in the sink, soaking. At 12:30 this morning, I am waken by a crash (Hubby slept through it). I run downstairs to find our dog Harley licking the kitchen floor where the roasting pan and cookie sheet now lay. What the $%^&???? Yep, somehow he had flipped the pans to the floor and was having a party for one licking chicken juice/grease off my white kitchen floor. Nice. So at 12:30 this morning I am mopping the kitchen floor. Did I tell you hubby slept through the entire thing?? Double nice.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Saturday, April 11, 2009
I feel better now. Thank you.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Monday, April 6, 2009
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Friday, April 3, 2009
Everything packaged so cute!
The goodies . . . I was lovin' those Sweettart jelly beans alittle too much last night.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Thank God for all my girlfriends!
Friday, March 27, 2009
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
and some of this . . . .
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
- Our new dog Harley SNORES!!! It is the cutest thing! Poor little thing must have been wiped out . . we were all laughing at his snoring and he didn't wake up at all. Fitting though that he is now in our family because my husband is a snorer.
- Do you ever buy beauty products and then after a few days become too lazy to use them? I just bought eye cream because, well, I am at that age, and after a few days I just can't seem to manage that extra step of putting the eye cream on. Oh well.
- Do you like my new Spring blog background? I get bored easily so I have a feeling my blog backgrounds will change quite frequently. Kinda like purses . . . change those often too. You don't even want to know how many purses I have. It's bad.
- It has been in the 80s the past few days and now it is calling for freezing rain on Friday - what the @*$#???
- Any tips on how to get my stepson from wetting himself at school and in the bed? He is in kindergarten and it seems when he is out on the playground he doesn't want to stop playing to go use the bathroom, so he ends up having an accident. My husband is afraid that soon the other kids will start teasing him.
- Got any good beach/chick lit recommendations?
Monday, March 9, 2009
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Monday, March 2, 2009
Daughter and her friend making snow angels in our front yard.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
P.S. to all you animal owners . . . give your pet an extra treat and love today. I have missed Kiki so much this week. You don't realize how much a part of your life they are until they are gone. I've missed having a walking partner, I've missed being greeted at the door by her when I get home from work, I've missed having a snuggle buddy on the sofa at night. I just miss her all the time.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
It's a bit of a blah Wednesday here in Richmond . . . . a mixture of snow and sleet - where the freak is Spring?!!!!!!
Anyone watch Idol last night? Why do they have to drag out the show for 2 hours?!! Geesh! And I'm a bit bummed that last night was the final episode for The Housewives of OC, but bring it on New York wives! I only caught half of the first episode of the NY show . . . I would never want to get up this morning if I had stayed up and watched the whole thing. Looks like it is going to be a good season! Is it bad that I enjoy watching such drama?!!!!!
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
1. Flip flops (duh!!)
5. Fruity cocktails with umbrellas in them
6. Food Network - that show is so calming to watch!
7. Football - GO SKINS!!
8. Furry family - my "first born" Kiki who turned 14 in January.
9. Fifty dollar bills
Ok, that was a bit harder than I thought it was going to be!
Hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day and a great weekend!!
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
6. Jillian, Inc.
The Black Bra
I had lunch with 2 of my unmarried friends. One is engaged, one is a mistress, and of course I have been married for 20+ years. We were chatting about our relationships and decided to amaze our men by wearing a black leather bra, stiletto heels and a mask over our eyes. We agreed to meet in a few days to exchange notes. Here's how it all went.
My engaged friend:
The other night my boyfriend came over and found me with a black leather bodice, tall stilettos and a mask. He saw me and said, 'You are the woman of my dreams. I love you.' Then we made love all night long.
Me too! The other night I met my lover at his office and I was wearing the leather bodice, heels and mask over my eyes and a raincoat. When I opened the raincoat he didn't say a word, but we
had wild sex all night.
Then I had to share my story:
When my husband came home I was wearing the leather bodice, black stockings, stilettos and a mask over my eyes. As soon as he came in the door and saw me he said, "What's for dinner, Batman?"