Thursday, May 27, 2010
I happened to be at the ABC store yesterday to buy tequila . . . for Mother's Day my family (at the suggestion of my awesome daughter) gave me the Margaritaville Margarita mixer!! While purchasing the tequila I remember reading on alot of blogs about the wonders of Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka so I bought a bottle!! Now, my question is, what do I mix it with?!! I'm usually just a beer or wine kinda girl so I need some suggestions - and just in time for the holiday weekend!!
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Where does the time go?! Seriously. I can't believe it's been over a month since my last post . . . I wish I could say I've been traveling in Italy or doing something exotic, but sadly not. Life's just been busy as I'm sure it has for all of you . . . school year is ending for the kids so busy with that, daughter is doing competition cheerleading so that has opened a whole new world to us . . . really just life in general has gotten in the way of blogging!! But every day I read yours. Sometimes I think I just don't have anything witty enough to say!! But I'm having so many random thoughts I thought I'd just bullet point it -
- I bought the Skinny Italian cookbook by my favorite NJ Real Housewife - Teresa. I haven't made anything from it, but I gotta tell you - the recipes sound delish! Can't wait to give them a try!
- Went to Busch Gardens yesterday and about had the life scared out of me! This chick is just too darn old to be riding rollercoasters that flip you this way and that - holy cow! I rode one that has you dangling from your seat and flips you all around . . . daughter was laughing her silly head off at me as I'm about to die!!!
- So ready for our pool to be open this weekend - woo hoo!!!
- Sad that my Monday night dates with Jack are coming to an end. No more 24 - who will save the world now?!!
- Can't wait to have dinner with some girlfriends tomorrow night and try some of the Sex & The City drinks the restaurant has - problem will be deciding which one to try!
- Got a haircut and color today and went darker . . . most people go blonder in the summer but hubby likes darker so I thought I'd give it a try. My hair grows in dark, but the rest lightens so much so I'm hoping by going darker the roots won't be as bad.
- Lee or Crystal? I'm going with Lee but both are incredibly talented singers.
- My daughter and I want to start running together. I think it would be pretty cool to run marathons together - what a great hobby to share!
Well, I hope that everyone has a wonderful week and hopefully it won't be another month before my next post!