Thursday, July 30, 2009
The Birthday Girls . . .
Jessica was my everything for my wedding 2 years ago . . . she walked me down the aisle, gave me away, and served as my maid of honor. Our grand entrance was even to "Jessica's Sonata" from Snowy River. Jessica is still my everything. Happy Birthday Sweet Girl and I love you MORE!! LYMI (love you, mean it)
Thursday, July 23, 2009
If you are on FB, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can be "friends"!! I'll send you a friend request and then you can see what his other 2 ex-wives look like! haha
It's almost the weekend!
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Friday, July 17, 2009
In just a few short weeks, my little baby girl will be turning 13. It’s a bittersweet moment for me. I’ve loved watching her grow up and become a young lady, but my time with her is dwindling . . . soon she will be off to college and creating her own life. When I stop and think about how fast 5 years will go, anxiety sits in. I also feel like the next few years are so important and will mold her into the person she will become . . . I pray I don’t screw things up too badly! While I was in the Hallmark store looking at birthday cards for her, I came across one that had a “Birthday To-Do List for My Daughter.” I don’t usually cry over cards, but this card, and the fact that my baby is turning 13, just really made me become very emotional in the card store! This is the card, along with a funny one that plays a song, that I will be giving my little girl on this very important birthday . . . I think it contains advice we could all be reminded of ~
* Don’t sit around waiting for somebody else to make you happy. Happy is a do-it-yourself kind of thing.
* Be true to yourself and to what you want out of life. Broken hearts heal, but broken dreams don’t.
* Make your own choices, but don’t forget – you’re the one who’ll have to live with them.
* Take chances now and then. Chance is just another way to say that life is waiting to open a door for you.
* Forgive others, and when you need to, forgive yourself. See the good all around you, even if you have to squint sometimes.
* Love who you are, and know that you are loved. Always, always. You are loved.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Sunday, July 5, 2009
The boats starting to line up to watch the fireworks. We had the perfect spot . . . our friends' house is directly across from where the fireworks are put off.
Jessica anxiously waiting for the fireworks (in between texting her bf - I'm surprised her cell phone isn't in her hand in this picture)