Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Now watch me do nothing but clean and laundry, but that's ok because I can do it in my PJs if I want!! And put the TV on what I want!! It's the little things in life - ha!
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Monday, October 18, 2010
Friday, October 8, 2010
Tomorrow we're headed to the Berry Farm for a hayride and pumpkin picking. Everyone gets to pick a pumpkin and then Sunday we'll carve them. Hubby called just a bit ago and gave me the Saturday afternoon college football line up - South Carolina v. Alabama at 3:30 and then Florida v. LSU at night. He is so lucky I love football just as much as he does!! Daughter has a babysitting gig so she's excited to get some cash in her hands.
Sunday is pumpkin carvin' day and NFL football - go Skins!!! I'm trying 3 new recipes this weekend so the house should smell really yummy - one is a spaghetti sauce that simmers all day and another is a macaroni & cheese in the crockpot (a/k/a heart attack in a crock pot if you saw the ingredients!). I may even have to throw in a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte somewhere in here.
Have a wonderful Fall (even though it will be in the 80s here) weekend!!!
Monday, October 4, 2010
Sunday, October 3, 2010
1. What is the best dish you can make?
Hmm, that's a tough one. It probably depends on which kid you ask - Jessica would say my macaroni & cheese and Noah would say my pineapple cranberry salad!
2. How often do you change your sheets? Every Sunday
3. What is the longest car trip you have ever taken? College Spring Break to Key West. I HATE being in the car for a long time.
4. What is your favorite fruit? Strawberries - especially covered in chocolate!!
5. Would you rather have breakfast for dinner or dinner for breakfast? Breakfast for dinner. I'd probably fix it alot more than I do but hubby doesn't care for it that much.
Have a sparkly week!!
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Noah lost his two front teeth and is now a proud second grader!
Friday, August 13, 2010
This was the view from one of the pools we went to on Fripp Island - isn't it beautiful?!
Sunset on the pier
The Lady & Sons in Savannah . . . no spottings of Paula :-(
Very cool restaurant in Fripp - Johnson Creek Tavern. Dollar bills everywhere!!! So our family decorated a dollar and I had the honors of stapling it to the wall!!
Sunday, August 1, 2010
I thought it would be fun to participate in Java's Meet Me On Monday! This week's questions are:
1. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas! I've already starting my shopping list for this Christmas!!
Thursday, June 17, 2010
drink a little (ok, maybe alot) of these . . .
Friday, June 11, 2010
A real man is a woman's best friend. He will never stand her up and never let her down.
He will reassure her when she feels insecure and comfort her after a bad day.
He will inspire her to do things she never thought she could do; to live without fear and forget regret.
He will enable her to express her deepest emotions and give in to her most intimate desires.
He will make sure she always feels as though she's the most beautiful woman in the room and will enable her to be the most confident, sexy, seductive, invincible.
No wait... I'm thinking of alcohol. Never mind.
Friday, June 4, 2010
- Read at least 5 books
- Walk/run at least 3x week
- Watch less TV
- Get on computer less
- Try 1 new recipe a week
- Spend less/save more
- Use beauty products I already have before buying more (I'm a sucker for trying new things)
- Organize our third floor
- Go to the pool instead of the mall
- Fripp Island - here we come!
- Have more GNOs!
- Start a journal (saw a neat idea where you share a journal with your child. You write in it and leave it by their bedside for them to read and then they write something and leave it with you. I wonder if my soon-to-be freshmen daughter would do that?!)
What fun summer things do you have planned?
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Sunday, May 23, 2010
- I bought the Skinny Italian cookbook by my favorite NJ Real Housewife - Teresa. I haven't made anything from it, but I gotta tell you - the recipes sound delish! Can't wait to give them a try!
- Went to Busch Gardens yesterday and about had the life scared out of me! This chick is just too darn old to be riding rollercoasters that flip you this way and that - holy cow! I rode one that has you dangling from your seat and flips you all around . . . daughter was laughing her silly head off at me as I'm about to die!!!
- So ready for our pool to be open this weekend - woo hoo!!!
- Sad that my Monday night dates with Jack are coming to an end. No more 24 - who will save the world now?!!
- Can't wait to have dinner with some girlfriends tomorrow night and try some of the Sex & The City drinks the restaurant has - problem will be deciding which one to try!
- Got a haircut and color today and went darker . . . most people go blonder in the summer but hubby likes darker so I thought I'd give it a try. My hair grows in dark, but the rest lightens so much so I'm hoping by going darker the roots won't be as bad.
- Lee or Crystal? I'm going with Lee but both are incredibly talented singers.
- My daughter and I want to start running together. I think it would be pretty cool to run marathons together - what a great hobby to share!
Well, I hope that everyone has a wonderful week and hopefully it won't be another month before my next post!
Sunday, April 18, 2010
I may or may not have drank an entire bottle of white wine by myself at this jewelry party.
I may or may not have spent way too much money on jewelry at this jewelry party because I was drunk as a skunk!!
I may or may not have provided comic entertainment to hubby when I got home from this jewelry party.
I may or may not have woken up Saturday morning moving a little slower than normal.
Monday, April 12, 2010
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Friday, March 5, 2010
Help! Starting next week, 3 nights out of the week the kids will be off having sports practice (cheerleading and soccer). Anyone have any suggestions for quick bites to fix and grab before heading to practice? Or suggestions for dishes that I can fix on the weekend and reheat during the week?
Happy Friday! Sunday the temps is to be in the 60s - WOO HOO!!!!!!
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Have a great week!
Friday, February 26, 2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010
In this humorous handbook, Shellie Rushing Tomlinson, host of All Things Southern, reveals the all-important lessons Southern Mamas teach their daughters. Readers will discover why blue eye shadow is trashy and learn to interpret regional dialect like the Southern Mama APB, a bulletin translated on Southern streets as: “Give your heart to Jesus, girl, because your butt is all mine!” Shellie carefully breaks down the teachings behind those famous manners and social graces through her firsthand observations and dry wit. Here’s everything you need to know from how to cope with the unexpected, compete in the Mr. Right Game Show, and raise children—to how to keep that marriage knot tied tight over time. Woven with quotes from real Southern Mamas and sprinkled with recipes and other Southern secrets, this book’s a bona-fide celebration of all things south of the Mason-Dixon Line.
Shellie has sent a signed copy of her book as a giveaway for one lucky member of the southern mommas network. It is super simple to win ..... All you need to do is join Southern Mommas and then leave a comment below letting me know you are a new or current member of the site. We will close out the giveaway on Friday Feb. 26th, 2010. Only members who leave a comment below will be entered in the contest. Good luck Ladies :)
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Friday, February 5, 2010
This was both of ours second wedding so we wanted more of a casual wedding. Our wedding was so much fun and meant so much more because of our friends involved. The location was my friend's gorgeous backyard. Our bartender was another girlfriend (and for a short time my boss was back there bartending!). Photographer was a friend and the officiant was a friend - it all meant so much more to us.
It was wonderful having my daughter as my maid of honor and she also "gave me away." We walked in to the song "Jessica's Soneta" from the movie "Man from Snowy River." She thought it was neat that the song shared her name.
Monday, February 1, 2010
Sunday, January 31, 2010
I'm ready for the snow to melt and for temps in the 80s!!
Friday, January 29, 2010
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Monday, January 18, 2010
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Also, we had thought about going to Disney this summer but now are thinking maybe December - anyone been to Disney that time of the year? How is it?
Any ideas and recommendations are greatly appreciated!