Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday Night Sleepover

My daughter is having 2 friends spend the night tonight and they are going to watch the movie Twilight for the first time. I decided to have a little fun and play a little trick on her this morning. I told her this morning I couldn't wait to watch the movie tonight with her and her friends (even though I had no intention of watching with them). Well, if you could have seen the look on her face . . . total deer in the headlights look!! She stopped in her tracks, says "Mom, you know I love you, BUT . . . no 12 & 13 year olds want their mom to crash their party." I teased her a little bit more before I let her off the hook. The joys of motherhood . . . you've got to be able to mess with them a little bit :-)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Mom crashing the party would have been mortifying for a 13 y.o.! LOL!

    ReplyDelete