Sunday, March 1, 2009

I'm a Cool Mom

Friday night my daughter spent the night at a friend's house and then I picked both girls up Saturday and took them to see Confessions of a Shopoholic (thought we both could use some laughter after a very emotional week after losing Kiki). Apparently I was deemed a cool mom by my daughter's friend . . . I liked that she thought I was cool mom.

P.S. to all you animal owners . . . give your pet an extra treat and love today. I have missed Kiki so much this week. You don't realize how much a part of your life they are until they are gone. I've missed having a walking partner, I've missed being greeted at the door by her when I get home from work, I've missed having a snuggle buddy on the sofa at night. I just miss her all the time.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I should bring my daughter to a movie like that and I could be the cool mom instead of the old one she has been thinking lately. :)

    It is amazing how much a dog or any pet are such a huge part of the family. When we lost our dog a few years ago, we got a new dog within a month. My son still has a picture in his room of our other dog and sometimes even talks about him. Sorry about Kiki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a cool mom!! I wish my mom (or anyone) would come sweep me away to see that movie!

    ReplyDelete